LARY S. LARSON
Lary is a partner in the firm and began his practice in 1980. He maintains a substantial transactional practice, principally involving small business ventures, estate planning, probate, commercial transactions, real estate transactions, taxation and employment.
Lary was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and attended the University of North Carolina as a Morehead Scholar where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics in 1975. After college, he served as a missionary in Helsinki, Finland for two years. In 1980 he received his law degree from the J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, with honors.
Lary and his wife, Louise, raised seven children on a small working farm near Ucon, Idaho. Louise teaches fourth-graders at the Taylor’s Crossing Charter School. She and Lary are actively involved in Scouting, sports, charitable and religious activities, and traveling to visit children and grandchildren. Lary also enjoys backpacking, fly fishing, sports, astronomy, and Mormon religious history, and is the occasional collector of books, coins, rocks and astro-photography.
- Estate Planning
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions
- Business Formation
- B.A. from University of North Carolina (Mathematics)
- J.D. from J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University
- State Bar of Idaho
- United State District Court for Idaho
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- Member of the American Bar Association, including its Sections on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law and Taxation
- Former President of the Eastern Idaho Estate Planning Counsel
- Advisory Board of the Good Samaritan Center of Idaho Falls
- Advisory Board of the Salvation Army of Idaho Falls
- Bonneville County Board of Community Guardians
- Region Six Affordable Housing Task Force
- Garfield-Ucon Canal Company
- Idaho Falls Kiwanis Club
- Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- United Way of Idaho Falls Board of Directors
- Rocky Mountain Venture Group
- City Council for the City of Ucon
- Former Financial Officer for the Grand Teton Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Former candidate for Idaho House of Representatives
Lary is a frequent speaker at programs regarding wills, estate planning, probate and employment relations, including to groups such as the Eastern Idaho Estate Planning Council, Ricks College (BYU-Idaho), Idaho State University, Eastern Idaho Technical College, the Idaho Education Association, the Idaho Law Foundation, and the Idaho National Laboratory.