The lawyers of Hopkins Roden are a group of dedicated professionals jointly committed to furthering the interests of the firm’s clients in the most effective and efficient way possible. Each member of the firm brings unique talent, expertise and perspective to the collective whole, and these biographies are intended to offer a brief glimpse of that experience and knowledge, as well as individual contact information. It is always the client’s ultimate prerogative to choose specific counsel for representation. But any member of the firm will freely offer guidance and recommendations about the lawyer or lawyers within the firm whose particular knowledge and expertise may be best suited to serve a given client’s specific needs.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar award for a client in one of the original trade secret misappropriation cases in Idaho, and successfully defended the award on appeal.
- Successfully defended a client in one of the largest complex crop damage cases in Idaho history.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for a young family who lost their wife and mother due to acts of medical malpractice.
- Successfully argued in an emergency appeal before the Idaho Supreme Court that Idaho’s Constitution required Idaho’s Lieutenant Governor, as Presiding Officer, to vote to break a tie vote in the Idaho Senate.
- Obtained a substantial settlement for a little girl from a broken home whose father was electrocuted at his job site.
- Successfully defended a client against a negligence action alleging millions of dollars in damages arising from a cow/car collision.
- Successfully handled litigation for a public interest group, including two appeals to the Idaho Supreme Court, which ultimately stopped a condominium development in the canyon of the South Fork of the Snake River, one of Idaho’s premier fly fishing destinations.
- Successfully defended a client against a fraud action alleging millions of dollars in damages arising from a foreclosure.
- Obtained a substantial settlement for a homeowner in an action alleging roof damage against a home builder.
- Obtained a substantial settlement for a client in a case alleging misrepresentation and fraud in the sale of an airplane hangar.
- Obtained a settlement for a young girl in a medical malpractice case in which her x-rays had been misread.
- Successfully defended an owner of crop land in a case alleging wrongful termination of a lease and eviction of a lessee.
- Successfully argued several appeals before the Idaho Supreme Court in boundary line dispute cases.
- Successfully argued an appeal before the Idaho Supreme Court in a case alleging interference with contract.
- Obtained a substantial settlement for a young woman who was sexually harassed by local law enforcement officers.
- Obtained a settlement payment exceeding one million dollars for a client in a Federal Land Bank foreclosure action where our client asserted a lender liability defense.
- Obtained a 6-figure arbitration award on behalf of a stock broker in a wrongful employment termination case.